Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

We just caught you ridin' dirty...

No way dude cause you're ridin' dirty


Is it Friday yet? Sure feels like it. Gotta love shorter weeks. Deadlines are a little trickier to meet but it all just evens out when you’re making a mad dash from the office to be anywhere BUT there.

Could you tell I was indulging in a beverage or two when I blogged Friday night? Perhaps you noticed I was a little more eloquent. And a little more… angry. Little did I know how much more was going to hit the fan with the whole G20 weekend. All the Becker’s are safe and accounted for so we’re all good.

Our pub crawl Friday night was a double edged sword. It was great to be able to walk right in at any time to places that usually the line up would be too intense to even consider. In turn, some places we turned around and walked right out since it was deadsville. Even though it’s all about the company you keep – and we are fantastic company – but we can drink alone at any one of our places for not only a lot cheaper, but with a whole heck of a lot less judgement.

Scored myself a few modest points by giving out my number to three different gentlemen (at the same venue – two when we were there the first time, and the third when Gwen and I returned later) and a quick PG makeout. Some of the Beckers started a little earlier on the bottle that day than others, so when Gwen and I bid adieu to Cassie, Monica, Alex and another guest who had decided enough was enough, we started our trit trot down the street to go back to a venue that we were at earlier that was pretty fun. Mid-way there was a cab with three gentleman that passed us by and they were looking pretty good, so we invited them to join us. Read: there was screaming involved. They let us know where they were going, to which we replied “that place is for douchebags, so see ya!” Fast forward to a few moments later as Gwen and I were continuing down the street, the guys were behind us trying to catch up and identifying themselves as “the douchebags – wait up!” They were Brazilian and cut a nice silhouette from afar. Were they as attractive standing infront of us as from the cab? No, but the wheels were already in motion so you just have to roll with it. When we arrived I spotted one of the gentlemen from earlier on that evening and when we started talking again, the clingiest of our entourage quickly put the kibosh on that by slipping his arms around me. Thanks for the block dude, thanks for the block. My number pretty much just deleted itself from his phone. Ah well.

Gwen and I continued to somewhat enjoy (put up with?) the attention from the gentlemen. My clinger was as Gwen would put it, acting like an octopus so since his face was already in mine I decided I might as well. That was short lived cause next thing I know Gwen points to her ring finger and then points to his and gives the all-call. Oh hell no! I don’t care that your girlfriend is back in Brazil. Homey don’t play that, so we shut that party down real fast. G and I surveyed the rest of the scene and then decided to leave for home. Which happened all on foot since the streetcars just weren’t coming. But to entertain ourselves we stopped at every single group of police officers along the way (G20 – there were a lot). Some seemed pleased to chat, others clearly were a few years away from retirement, were angry and just don’t interact with civilians…

A fun night that ended with some unexpected exercise a pied and a Rabba visit instead of Sobey’s… but hey, amongst other things us Beckers are very flexible.

Happy Canada Day!

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment