Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Audience Gets a Show

So, after getting a text from Mon - "Get on the blog" I am finally getting around to sharing the 3 lovely days with you ladies and why drinking mass amounts of booze on an empty stomache...not a good idea!

This week was my industry's world conference with 1500 people from all over the world here in T.O. Every year this happens, a party is hosted for the Canadians, where every year, scandal is known to ensue thanks to the mass open bar, Canadians and party-crashing Brits and Aussies who drink so so well together. However, Never did I think I'd be the one in the midst of the shit show that I helped make fun of every year!

[INSERT This is the point where Pam should stop reading, or she might be disturbed considering she knows him quite well!! Esp, when I couldn't even look her in the face to tell her, sent her a text and her not getting it, asking me and screaming at the top of her lungs once she figured it out.]

Shoot to Monday morning, me, waking up, "with a fresh hangover" feeling like an ashtray and all of a sudden getting flashbacks to me, making out HARD CORE -- not with anyone from another part of the world, oh no, that'd be easy. Nope, I decided it better to take the advice of some drunk lady who told me "Oh, he's totally got a thing for you." Her then telling him to get on it "She's hot", and then deciding it a great idea - at the time - to hit on one of my fellow board members/incoming pres, kinda my volunteer "boss" you could say - who by the way - just on a fresh breakup with a live-in GF, in the middle of the upper patio, surrounded by our industry colleagues and peers, and reliving the moment when an obnoxious American association member yelling at us "Way to go!" as he passed us, patting my 'friend' on the back as we made out! Prompting by the kudos from Yankee Doodle, we decide to continue the session in a more "private local", all while still debating whether it's a good idea to go home with him or not. After making out all over the friggin bar and telling me what he would do to me if he took me home - all good things might I add - I'm quite frankly surprised I practiced such self control- I historically would have not! lol I decide for many reasons, it's not a good idea. I jump in a cab and go home because quite frankly, there was a small window of opportunity before that decision got thrown - just like our great plan 'not to do anything at all' (See where that great decision got us!? Him telling me "Fuck it" grabbing me, and well, you get the picture).

Now, this isn't the part that's the killer. Because had I known how much of big of a deal would be made in a text from him the next day...I would've just slept with him and at least gotten something out of it. Frigg...he wanted to have 'the chat'. Seriously, for a few hours of making out? Really? Why couldn't he just sweep this under the rug like a normal person? lol. Why did he have to talk this out in humiliating detail...not so much for the make-out, who cares! Mainly because of our conversations, him asking me "how I feel about all of it" lol and the fact that our industry peers, fellow board members, each of our volunteers and friends, potentially saw the show go down, and are keeping mum about it - we don't know. Finally, we meet for the talk and just when I think I've remembered everything, he continues to tell me more and more in cringeworthy detail (I told him he had to fill in the blanks- mostly because I wanted to torture him for wanting to have the chat in the first place lol). As we walked the block pissing our pants laughing...what else are you gonna do? We decide we need to leave it as is and chalk it up to some stories for books...or the SOS blog, of course, and hope to hell nobody either A) remembers or B) nobody important saw anything, and never drink in each other's presence again. lol

Moral of the story - I'm going to give you all some advice from my profession: "Know Your Audience" Then craft your message, or in this case "actions" - accordingly. May or may not have just put myself on the Party VIP slut list for 2011 conference. Sheesh.

Toodles for now,

Gemma xo

No comments:

Post a Comment