Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

427*345 does NOT = Rematch

Another spontaneous SOS event last night, where some points were scored. I woke up in bed with someone who I should be getting recycling points from for the amount of times we sleep together, and it wasn't Beer.
My plan for the evening was to go out with Beer, but that didn't happen......I left him in charge of choosing something to do/making a plan. After some silly texts about dinner in the suburbs he told me he was tired from a late night on Friday and a day of golf so wanted to just stay in. Problem. I wasn't tired as I had a low key night at the movies with Alex and Pamela on Friday. (Sex&The City 2- it's more of a rent than theatre but the popcorn was good, and it's always fun to be with the girls!) Plus it was Saturday night, and we've spent the past 2 Sunday's cuddling....it's way too early for me not to get to see the fun Beer more often.... So in a not-so-nice text I told him not to bother as I wasn't in the mood for a night on the couch, there was some back and forth, I was throwing way more attitude than necessary (perhaps related to some PMS-in any case it's wasn't nice or necessary- bad Monica!), and now I think it could be a while before I see Beer again.....he probably needs some space from crazy Monica.
Soooooo, all that being said I got a lovely message from Cassie asking if I wanted to meet up with her for some drinks then perhaps hit a King West location? Well of course I did. Next thing I know Chelsea is messaging asking what we are doing because she was ready to ditch her current scene and hook up with some SOS'ers. The 3 of us met at a pub on King West, and to some SOS delight it was filled with men! (not so exciting for me, as I was wishing I had just stuck with my Beer plan, and am not interested in meeting new dude's) Quite honestly the ratio was 20:1.....so you can imagine what happened next:

~ A chat with a group of 5 guys, and quickly determine the ringleader is a douche, which should have been obvious given his sparkly Ed Hardy shirt, lesson learned.

~ When Chelsea and I return from a ciggie break we see Cassie surrounded by men laughing and entertaining them with empty shot glasses galore.

~ Cassie chats up "the mathematician" who is celebrating a birthday (who I had to put a lot of face time in with while she chatted with all the other patrons).

~ Chelsea gets a bit of action with "white shirt" and I help an SOS'er out by getting the dets we need to accurately post her points.

Texts between Cassie & Monica:

Monica (2:30AM): Q: Are you with the mathematician? 427*345= ?
Cassie (5:30AM): With the mathematician . One night only. 427*345 does not= rematch

Back to my opening line, I wake up, as so often happens, with Chels by my side. It's fair to say in 10 years or so we will take the plunge and become official life partners, for now we are just in training.....and it's going well!

Happy Sunday, off to meet Pam-o at the gym to work off those calories gained last night that were not worked off with Mr. Beer !!!

xoxo (aka Socks)
Monica

PS- Fun fact: Auto-correct changes "xoxo" to "socks", and since the SOS'ers are so close we are often shooting each other texts that end up saying "socks". It's endearing really.


1 comment:

  1. Another great night ladies.... I've got the bruises to prove it ;-)

    cassie x

    ReplyDelete