Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keeping Fit



Top of the Morning to you,

Well, I met my goal for last week, and broke into the 200 level of this game! I sense some of the other girls are coming up fast behind me, so I should enjoy the lead while it is still in my hands.

After my adventure last night with Gemma I thought today I would focus on keeping fit, and some of the efforts the Beckers are making to achieve our health goals.

So here we are, edging on mid-season, and some of the Beckers have put a recent focus on getting healthy. What is the motivation? Training for September playoffs? Planning to rack up more points over the next couple months and believe a hot bod will help that goal? Bikini season here....and maybe we'd like to look like this?: http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/06/kelly-brook-bikini-pictures-day-2/

Efforts to date:
  • Recently Pam became a member at the same fitness club I go to, and we are trying to find a day or 2 a week to meet up for some Becker bonding while calorie burning.
  • Meanwhile Gemma and I met for our first outdoor "Boot Camp" class last night, which means some burning muscles today and no heavy lifting for a couple days.....next week Chelsea and Cassie are planning to join the class as well, so we can stumble around the park together in an effort to tone these active bodies.
  • Our fair Brooke plays soccer as her fitness activity of choice, which I plan to get back into come the fall.
  • Many of the girls enjoy running/jogging......and my text messages tell me Chelsea has even ventured into the world of running with the lastest member of her fan club, 'White Shirt'.
  • Like every female in Toronto (it seems) we all dabble in yoga/pilates classes.
MOST Importantly......The one activity every Becker is proud to be doing, that not only burns calories but has multiple health benefits.....yep, you guessed it......S-E-X !!

Research (and experience) tells me the workout between the sheets is a great stress reliever, calorie burner, flexibility increaser, promoter of good rest and of course promoter of good moods!

I thnk we can all agree that Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod (seen in picture above) would approve of the Becker's ambition to "Keep Fit and Have Fun".

Here's wishing you lots of safe & fun exercise this summer,

xo
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment