Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Where do I start?


So much to tell; get comfortable!


I landed in St. John's a couple of hours before Monica so I hit the hotel bar to wait for her. Ordered my first Heineken and consumed many more of these throughout the four days we were there... think I should have shares in the company by now! A couple of men were giving me the creepy eye and tried to make conversation, by the time I ordered my third beer I went out for a smoke and was rescued by some people from New Brunswick who invited me to join them till Monica arrived. Another beer and a shot later Monica arrived! One more beer and off to George St.!


What a place! The stories you've heard are true!! I was in heaven, bars, boys & music! I have never been hit on so much in my life!!! Was called out by one boy who asked my name, gave a fake name of course and he asked if it was my real name or my bar name... Newfies are smart?!?!?!? No points this night but a great night nonetheless.


Night two was another story! Monica did not come to the bar this night but was out for dinner which was excellent. Fresh fish & seafood, it was delic!!


Walking to the bar a boy hit on me, and I have to say he was quite cute! His name was Dave, he is 25 and a soccer player like me which was intriguing... He chatted with me in the bar a bit but disappeared after a 21 yr old that is on his team was working his thing on me. The 21 yr old found out we had not been screeched in at this point to arranged for it to happen at the bar next door.


The 21 yr old continued with us to the many bars we hit was really starting to get annoying but for the sake of the game I sucked it up! Gave him my number and even made out with him in the bar a little. When he started taking his shirt off in the bar I had had enough and started talking to a 60 yr old man at the bar who has his own company distributing wine all over the world... good person to know, no? We're going to call him Gramps.


He and I chatted for the rest of the night, he was really quite sweet. While sitting outside talking we saw the 21 yr old stumble out of the bar and head down the street... bye bye! Gramps and I exchanged contact info and he asked me to have breakfast the next morning. We did meet for breakfast and by the end of the day he had emailed & texted me a few times... uh oh, old stage 5 clinger?!?!?! All for the sake of the game!


Our last night there was a bit of a shit show! Started at a pub around 4:00 in the afternoon with of course, Heineken. A few beers in Mon and I decided it was time for a shot for a little pick-me-up, then, off to George St.!!!!


Went to a jazz bar with live music. On this particular night it was a live one man show who couldn't play anything Monica and I requested; time to go!!!!


Off to karaoke we went! I think Monica might have a problem! :)

This turned out to be a very good night. After many a beer I jumped on stage and totally took the mic away from a woman and belted out Nickelback... this is crazy because I am not a fan of karaoke and I dispise Nickelback! Monica and I went out for a smoke and again, I get hit on! This time by a South African who after speaking to me for 5 mins and watching me in the bar told me that he thinks he is in love with me... what?!?!?!?!? On another smoke break a man just appeared. We have no idea where he came from but was there, we chatted with him for a couple mins and the next thing I know we are swapping spit!?!?!?! I LOVE NFLD !!!!!


That's all I have to say about NFLD. Let's talk about the Brit because that's where my real smiles are coming from these days.


Things are going really well between us and I see this becoming something really great! We haven't spent a lot of time together on weekends, we both have really busy schedules this Summer but we are making up for it during the week!


~Brooke
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment