Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

BBQ Sundays


G'day mates,


Monday, Monday, Monday......not as fun as Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!


What better excuse to have a BBQ party on a Sunday than having an Australian friend visiting this fine city of ours? Highlight of the BBQ was having ALL the SOS'ers together in one spot for the first time! It's pretty difficult herding the kittens together, especially to an environment that is not ideal for scoring new points, but the sisters all came out to make the Australian feel welcome, along with several other friends and family members.


A couple funny Beer moments......

1. Beer meeting my parents, and then being stuck in a long conversation with my mom, who decided to invite him to the next big family event....the Canada Day BBQ.....this was not something I would have subjected him to so early, but he agreed to come, and now has to meet everyone. Not sure this is ideal, I haven't even met anyone in his family, can we say overwhelming? He really is a good sport.....if he was collecting points he'd get a bunch more today- really is a good guy!

2. Me handing my friends baby to Beer to feel how heavy he is, Beer looking at me with fear in his eyes as I push the baby into his hands and he announces he has never held a baby before, but this one feels heavy and could I take him back. Did we mention overwhelming? He is such a good sport about putting up with me, and now my family too!


Last week involved many late nights, and far too many drinks....including Saturday afternoon and evening when Cassie, Chelsea and I took the visitor to Niagara Falls, and most importantly a couple wineries. If you are looking for a great winery to visit, have a bite to eat, and enjoy the view we reccomend Ravine Vineyard; we fell in love with it as soon as we turned into the driveway.


The next couple nights are going to have to be low key, as I prepare for a week's vacation in the East Coast, where I will be joined by Brooke for the second part of it in Newfoundland.....can't wait to see the kind of SOS trouble we can get into out there (by that I mean mostly Brooke with my encouragement!).


xo

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment