Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

From George Street to SOS Pub Crawl

I've missed you Toronto !

Well, I survived a week away with Brooke, and even managed to grab myself a couple assists. I have been working hard with Beer since my return on a personal mission to break 200 points this week!! He came over Wednesday for some evening recycling, as well as some Thursday morning hanky panky ( a week apart = making up for lost time). He returned again yesterday and I prepared a lovely meal that he cooked on the BBQ, after which we filled a couple travel mugs with wine and waltzed around the neighborhood. Before returning home for some more environmentally friendly work we stopped into a great playground and tested out some of the equipment, briefly considered getting some 'park/public place' points before determining we should save it for later in the summer, since I am already in the lead!

Back to the trip......4 days away with the one and only wild Brooke. I was quickly reminded why I pegged her as a front runner (despite her lackluster performance so far).....was it the NFLD air? The vacation persona? One of life's mysteries I guess. We enjoyed the scenery, and more importantly George Street. For those that have been no explanation is required.....for those who haven't; picture a single block lined with bars, pubs, and clubs, pedestrian traffic only, and some of the friendliest people in the world. Basically SOS heaven. Brooke impressed me with her competitive spirit (and karaoke willingness) as she pulled in some points and I cheered her on.

Tonight I look forward to an SOS Pub Crawl event organized by the lovely Cassie. We will be a few SOS'ers short but we've invited some outsiders who we feel can handle the fun factor....I'm sure there will be some good stories to come!

xo
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment