Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

G'Day Mate - Playing with balls makes impromptu pub crawls more funl!


I would like today's blog to reflect the theme of our night, in the illustrious words of the great band named Trooper "We're here for a good time, not a long time...." Quite accurately reflecting how our night went...with an impromptu pub crawl!

After having my ass kicked on Monday night by our great plan to get in shape, my Wednesday night running was shot to hell, so what the hell, I needed to drink! I made my way over to the lovely 'well known' patio we all frequent, where Monica and I, downed a bottle of red wine, which kick started the genius idea of a pub crawl, and off we went. Me with my charm and wit in hand, Monica with her flask of voddy, which she whipped out on the streetcar because gawd forbid she go a 10 minute ride without booze in hand.

So, just when you think Australian men can't get any better, you meet an Aussie named 'Sharp Shooter'. Sharpie just moved from "down under" a few weeks ago to teach Aussies in the military. He's a gem and not too bad to gaze at I might add. Monica and I met him at Fionn's on St. Clair after downing our first 'lonely' shot at Sports Cafe while some old man yelled "kiss kiss kiss" while getting our piccie taken. Perv. Monica threw back a yaggerbomb (seriously, this is what she's now drinking these days?) and me, some voddy and red bull. After Monica telling the waitress that she and I are reuniting after 10 years of not seeing each other, and she's 'showing me the hood' because I'm returning from overseas (this is where I insert fake accent) we headed to Fionn McCools. Upon arrival, we meet Sharpie, sitting at the bar by himself, downing a beer and a conversation struck up from him very nicely, moving his stuff to let Monica and I sit at the bar. No sitting, only chatting and where Sharpie, "officially" joins our pub crawl (not sure if we forced him? but nonetheless, he still came).

Next stop - Scallywags, and when you go to Scallywags - who doesn't like running into their boss, and when I say boss, I mean the CEO of your whole company?! lol. Monica suuure DOES! That put the kybosh on a prolonged stay at Scally's, so we made our way to a pub that we don't know the name of, for a quick polar bear shot, and then landed at our last stop of the night - The Fox and the Fiddle.

Clearly, this was the one we missed out on all night, as it was a hit! Place was packed, with a lot of young'ns albeit, but still a crowd, so we'll call it a hit. This is where sharkies pool skilzzz came to light, beating team Monica and I three times. This is also the point in the night where I told Monica "I think Sharkie's gay." Monica: "No way, no he's not" Me: "Yeh, yeh he is" Monica: "No, seriously, he's not" Me: "Yeh, yeh he's totally". lol. I'm pretty sure I just kept saying it because I thought it was funny and because it was entertaining to keep throwing that at Mon. She probably wanted to plough me. Then after her disappearing to the bar for more pints, he and I got chatting, and I found out he was not gay as he talked about something to do with an ex-GF, so confirmed, Sharkie's straight. lol

And in pub crawl fashion, we closed that mutha daowwwn. Exchanged contact info with Sharkie as I did promise to 'keep in touch' after him saying he hoped he could remain in the pub crawl club (umm, of course ya can, if not for the accent alone, but to add some sheer eye candy to the pub crawl group, sheesh.). So, hopefully we'll be seeing Sharkie for a re-match in the future.

Peace out for now biotches. Keep 'er real.

Gemm xo


No comments:

Post a Comment