Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Blame it on the goose


It got me feeling loose.
Blame it on Petron.
It got me in the zone.
Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol.

But I can’t stay mad. As I sit here and rub my sleepy eyes and give my head a few shakes for clarity, I am already planning a quick LCBO run shortly to try and avoid the Friday-of-a-long-weekend line up after work. I’m heading to a cottage for the weekend and I needs to get my drink on.

Had a fun evening out last night with some friends. The weather was amazing and so all but three of the venues we visited last night were patios. I’m quite comfortable with the friends that I was with and although they have seen me behaving rather badly, it hasn’t really been in the SOS sense. And I wasn’t jazzed about the idea of making a start of it so I didn’t have any expectations beyond a fun night out last night.


Gave my number out to three guys. I was indifferent so why not. One gentleman was circling the dance party we were having and we chatted a little, and he asked me if I preferred firemen or police officers. I said police officers. And then he flashed his police badge. Unbelievably cheesy but I still gave him my number then told him to scram as I was there to spend time with my friends. He agreed, said he would call me but then proceeded to hang around and keep trying to spend time. NO, for real – beat it, we’ll chat later. Went to the bar to get a round and his hanging around came in handy for helping carry over the drinks. This gave an opportunity for a quick makeout before the drinks were brought over, then he was asked to leave again.


Long story short there was another opportunity for some goodbye action outside when we were leaving, I said peace out as we really needed burritos. Naturally. Then my phone rings and dummy that I am answer it, and it is him. I tell him to call me tomorrow and hang up. Then he texts. Twice. I have yet to text back and not sure if I will. I’m going away on holidays in two weeks and am not really around at all before that so I don’t know if I want to play the ongoing text game forever. It gets old fast. And we get over it even faster.

Update: As I type this my phone literally just rang. It was him and he left a message. Last night I told him I was going out of town until Tuesday (somewhat true, Monday, but I like a buffer) and he sounds nice. He mentioned that he knows I am busy so maybe lunch some time next week. (Lunch = Daylight?! No booze?! He remembers a lot of details from last night, was he drinking?! Does he EVEN DRINK?! So many questions.) My head is too fuzzy to address any situations right now. I need another burrito to clear my thoughts…

Have a fantastic long (WHOOOOOO HOOOO) weekend everyone! Play hard, play safe.

Giving you the official Friday salute,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment