Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Not taking this lying down


I thought I was ok with someone else taking the lead, but it turns out I may not be ready.....so 'dinner' with Alex turned into salads and many bottles of wine with Cassie and Alex. We visited the patio at Spacco, and at first arrival we were a bit concerned that it was too PG for these SOS'ers, but as the night progressed and the DJ arrived it filled out with a decent crowd.

Sitting at a table does not lend itself well to SOS trouble. So we made our move to Alley Katz.........I'm not sure what to say about this part of the evening but here is a quick recap.

SOS'ers after too much wine, with a half decent band = getting our dance on. That is until the sweatiest, craziest dancer decides he wants to dance with me because I have "dance in my eyes". (Yes, this was his pick-up line). I basically had to stand there giving Alex and Cassie the finger while he danced around me. Cassie came to the rescue. It was a game of dance for a minute then save your fellow SOS'er from the next 25 year old who was up in our grill. Let's just say despite the fact that "alleyway" is a points category there would be no points of that nature scored by these SOS'ers with that crowd. The closest would have been the consideration of pulling a Brooke and making out with each other.

Back to my original point, I decided it was innocent enough to give my number to a couple guys, to bring myself back up into the lead. The good news was I gave the # to a phone I am going to cancel......so I don't need to play the avoid game.

To wrap up, there is a lesson I just can't seem to learn, but really need to try.....no more drunk texting!!! Why oh why? Sometimes it's the message, sometimes its the person......I will go with the least incriminating one from last night....."omg" to a friend at 2AM without explanation is just not something I 1. Remember, 2. Want to explain even if I did remember at 8AM when I wake up or 3. Think is a reasonable message to receive.

Monica out, for some sun and sleep.
xo

PS- meatballs at 3:30AM seemed like a good idea, I'm wondering if the other 2 who were a little sick this morning still think so....

No comments:

Post a Comment