Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm with the band!!


Hi all, Brooke checking in with some recaps!

Rewind back to the weekend of July 16-18. The Friday night I met up with a buddy of mine, let's call him Mr. Greek, downtown and started drinking at The Black Bull around 4. Mr. Greek and I started getting hungry after a few pints and headed to The Bier Markt on King for something to eat. I love the Bier Markt because they have my beer on tap, mmmm Erdinger! Dinner and many drinks later we head over to Foggy Dew to meet up with a girlfriend of mine that is there with a couple of guys.

One of the men there, well, not sure we can call him a man, is in his mid-late 30's and is on his second marriage. After sitting next to this guy for 5 minutes he informs me that he would like me to "sit on his face." Classy!!! Here comes the good part, keep in mind, I am a sick sick person... when asked why his first marriage fizzled he replied, "I punched her paraplegic sister in the face and went to jail" HA HA HA HA HA!! This is the funniest thing I have ever heard and have been laughing about it since!! <--- See, sick, sick person!

Anyway, Mr. Greek is aware of SOS and was a big help to me in the points department that night with a quick make out on King St. before hailing a cab. Thanks again buddy!! :) I am completely inebriated at this point and the cabby actually lets me smoke in the cab on the way. When flicking my butt out the window the heater somehow falls off and comes back in the car. It falls down the back of my pants and I end up with a huge burn just above my ass and a smaller burn inside the top of my ass crack! Really?!?!? Add that to the SOS injuries list!

Saturday night I went to a block party in Orangeville with a couple of friends of mine. They are a couple and we were staying with a couple they know that just moved onto this street in May so we are all outsiders in our own way. I thought the whole idea was great. It cost each person $18, they shut the street down, they have a huge bbq and hire a band... oh the band! :)

The beginning of the night consisted of my friends and I sitting on the front lawn laughing and talking with ourselves because we know no one!! Give me about 7 Heineken and that changes!

The keyboardist of the band walks by a few times throughout the evening and now the liquid courage has given me the strength to yell out to him to request a song... "Hey band guy!" is what comes out of my mouth. He stops and we chat for a bit, I request a song and he tells me that he will check with the band. Band Guy is pretty cute...

Just before Band Guy comes back two gents came walking past us arguing about who would go for the Red Bull run so the Jaggerbombs could take place... my kind of people! I offer to go and they are beside themselves that I would actually do this (the store is not even a km away, plus I get a Jaggerbomb out of the deal). Now at this point I am in my pajamas because I didn't bring jeans and just wore a light dress during the day. I come back with the Red Bull and am now the hit of the party! We down 4 shots in a row and I tell Gord (Jagger dude #1) that I at least need a smoke break before I do any more shots.

The band is playing a couple houses up and are a GREAT cover band! I hear Sublime start and I grab my buddy who I am visiting and tell him to come dance with me. Now I am dancing in the middle of the street in my pink pajama pants & little green t. Band Guy sees me, points and winks! Sweet, I know the band!! I don't leave said dance floor unless to get a beer from the house and if Gord is around perhaps another Jaggerbomb. It's close to 11 and the band is wrapping up and I still have not heard my song, I didn't hear it at all! :(
When the band finished I walked up and began chatting with Keyboard Dude. The singer joins in the conversation by complimenting me on my hair, his is the same but all over the place, as expected.

This is running on so I'll cut it short. Scott (visiting friend) and I are invited to the bar with them after they have packed up all their gear, even in my pj's I accept the offer. That's right, sitting at Boston Pizza in Orangville in my pajamas!! Classy!!
I ended up chatting with the singer for quite some time when we went out for a smoke and I tell ya, pretty sure I would have hit a home run with him if it wasn't 3am when we left the bar and he said he was just going to crash. Would have been some good points because I'm sure he is in his mid 40's but as I've said in previous posts, I have a thing for singers!

But I did exchange digits with Band/Keyboard Guy and we've actually been texting quite a bit since. He's really quite sweet and I have every intention in going to another one of their shows.

Band Guy might even be joining us for Potato Festival in a couple of weeks!!

As for the Brit, I'm not sure what's going on there. He seems to be pulling back a bit. I'll keep you posted on this situ.

~Brooke
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment