Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Douche Bag Pits


Sunday evening; perfect time for cleaning, laundry and blogging......so here comes a quick recap from Monica;

Let's begin with last Sunday when Chelsea and I bundled up to face the cold and the rain at the FC game. We drank starbucks en route to the game, and transitioned nicely into beer upon arrival. The game was fab (always nice to watch the home team win) and we had the pleasure of the seeing the Paul McCartney look-a-like again, which was of course photographed again. Post-game we surveyed several gentlemen to determine our best destination which ended up being Liberty Village. We continued to drink beer and cheers with fellow FC fans, and found ourself deep in conversation with 3 gents. Let's call them Artsy, Tubby, and Dumb-Dumb. Artsy was quite nice and normal, yet it was difficult to grasp why he was hanging with the other 2. Tubby appeared nice enough, and even went to the trouble of chasing us down the street to get a phone # when we left, however it was later revealed that tubby is actually engaged, not cool. This leaves us with Dumb-Dumb. We told the trio upon departure that we were heading to a pub on King West, and Dumb-Dumb decided to show up alone to chat with us. Dumb-Dumb is 35, owns a house but rents it out so he can live at home with his parents. We learned that at the age of 35 he doesn't think it is cool to bring chicks back to the back-seat of his car, so he typically rents hotel rooms (anyone else think the chicks he picks up may require payment before leaving??). Although Chelsea may have scored some on-base points it was purely in the interest of SOS, alcohol encouraged, and did not opt for the hotel room option with Dumb-Dumb. I was very happy when Beer showed up at the pub to meet us for a drink before coming home with me :)

Wednesday I met Pamela at Jack Astors for game 7 of the Habs series. Fabulous outcome lead us to Croc Rock where Pamela found herself a suitor as described in a previous post.

Thursday, after a work event, I met Gemma, Victoria, Gwen and Pamela at Bier Markt which is where we encountered Douche Bag Pits, as seen in the photo above. Douche Bag Pits made some serious moves on Gwen before she left, and later in the evening this aggressive loser decided to test his luck with me. Douche Bag Pits pegged me as a co-op or intern and explained that he was a big shot at a very large pension plan investment firm so if I wanted to get anywhere in my career it was in my best interest to dance/allow him to violate me. As I kind of played along (I mean seriously, he thought I was an intern, it might never happen again) poor Gemma witnessed him trying to grind up behind me with his hands behind his head and face indicating he was getting some sort of action. I didn't realize any of this till she explained it the next day, I was busy trying to move away from the loser and was then distracted by his ridiculous attempt at trying to guilt me into doing anything with him.

If you are a dude reading this that may have tried a similar approach at some point I would like you to know that telling us you are important and could ruin our careers is not, I repeat NOT, going to get us into bed, or even to dance. Please try again.

Saturday, Mr. Beer came over, Chelsea made an appearance as well for a beer with Mr. Beer. After her departure I scored some recycling points and cuddled the night away.....spring training is starting to feel like a long time ago, and I'm starting to wonder if I will get into the real spirit of SOS.....at this point I am leaning towards no. However I am taking it slow, and enjoying the fun Mr. Beer brings to the table.....he really is quite sweet, and has accepted my invitation to be my date to an event mid-May, at which point he may meet the parents.....insert scary movie music....

Time for bed as I have an early start tomorrow and I'm away for work until Friday. I have a feeling my 2nd place ranking is not going to last very long!

xo
Monica



1 comment:

  1. This guy was a sight I tell ya. My fave was the "this is my suit for court dates" look that he was rockin'. - Pam

    ReplyDelete