Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Everybody's working for the weekend


It’s P-Shizzle. Holla at your girl.

I feel like the weekdays and weekends are very different creatures, so wanted to provide an update before the weekend kicked off with more SOS festivities tonight. For now, we’ll just say that it’s a ticketed function at a pretty rad venue, for a very awesome cause.

This week has all but been consumed by work for me, so as much as I would have liked to, little room was left for social niceties. I did make evening plans on Sunday with Czech Please, which I reluctantly let get pushed back earlier to dinner plans. I was already being difficult in terms of availability so I thought I would give a little, in hopes of getting a little. It was at his place and my eyes lit up like the Hamburgler at a cookout when I saw him opening a bottle of wine. Thank the Lord. (Earlier that day when we were making plans he mentioned that “he didn’t feel like drinking.” I was like a Hinterland’s Who’s Who commercial when I heard that, stopping dead in my tracks, getting ready to go into survival mode and make a hot dash for it. But I persevered.)

He made an excellent dinner and I was rather impressed with the efforts that he went to in setting the table. Conversation went smoothly enough, even when he caught me refilling his wine glass as soon as he turned his back. Sobriety + daylight streaming in + just eaten a large meal = not ideal for a new recycle, however wanting to be home at a good time and not wanting to wait too late, I went with it. Fast forward to moments after: A hard core snooze-fest on his part. Several awkward unsuccessful attempts on mine to do the bank and roll to get out of bed without disturbing Sleeping Beauty. And finally, me just wanting to cut the crap and go home so getting up, announcing I was leaving and ‘please don’t get up’ (which he ignored) and we said goodbye. After driving around his parking garage for 25 minutes looking for the exit, I gunned it out into the freedom of the cool night air.

CP has texted me this week, to which I replied that my schedule was pretty full. Having left it that this week is too busy for me (and of course he shall have no part of my weekends except for maybe a Sunday night, but even that I would rather not), it’s now I will get in touch next week when I “am back in the city.” That is kind of true. Well sure I’m going out tonight, but I leave in the morning for a weekend back home for Mother’s Day, which will be all about visiting and no SOS-ing.

Dinner was nice but not something that I want to make a habit of with CP. I feel it is important to establish that right from the beginning, and keep him around for weekdays, as don't get me wrong - there is fun to be had. But as good as it feels to be eco-fabulous and recycle, this one's not breaking my stride any time soon.

Betcha wish your girlfriend was fun like me,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment