Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Pass Me The Cordless Mic Please


Hello and Happy Friday to our readers!
It's been another fun filled week in SOS land, and it has involved a couple of karaoke outings....
Let's begin with Tuesday....Pamela and I met up after work for wine at a Bay Street bar, as the 9 oz glasses were being guzzled it was obvious we were heading for some trouble that evening. We decided for a change a scene, some mixed drinks and several rounds of shots where we met Brown George Clooney before heading to our Tuesday night karaoke destination. Monica and Pamela are karaoke crowd pleasers, which is why a cordless mic is necessary to walk around the room and share the singing obligation with other patrons as well as encourage/participate in some dancing. It wasn't a full house, and Pamela's George wasn't too impressed with our performance.....we don't expect to see him again. We did end the evening by cabbing to a 24 hour restaurant in the Yonge & Bloor area for pasta meals at 1:00AM since Burrito Boys and Smoke's were both closed (I guess Tuesday is too early in the week??).
Wednesday was another night of fun. I hosted the pre-show in my backyard where Victoria, Pamela, Gwen, Chelsea, Gemma, Samatha (a non-SOS member who is absolutely lovely) and a guy friend we will call Dart all gathered. We BBQ'd, drank cocktails, did some shots, danced in the backyard, danced in the kitchen and smoked ciggies until it was determined we were primed enough to head to our karaoke destination. We piled into 2 cabs while Gemma jetted herself home as she had to be in top form for work the following day.
Upon arrival we stormed in desperate for drinks (need to keep the vocal chords moist).....we ordered 8 vodka soda's which totalled less than $30....this place will be on our regular rotation I'd say......I do believe we all made it up to the stage at least once, I know I was up for Paradise by the Dashboard light with Gwen and Dart, I however spent most of that performance with the audience, or perched on the side of the stage stealing sips from Pamela. I think Samatha declined any action on the stage, but she was a strong supporter and her attendance is always welcome! Chelsea and I did a great rendition of Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, and by great I mean Stevie Nicks would have murdered us if she had a listen....but the audience enjoyed it almost as much as we did! I scored some points that evening that can be attributed to an assist to Chelsea for her score with "the counselor"....I thought he was a bit of douche bag, but cute enough for a 1-nighter for her, so I helped seal the deal, and even delivered her car in the morning. It was parked at my house as the original plan was for her and I to cuddle the night away together.
After 2 late evenings of fun this SOS'er decided on a lower key night last night, and met a client on a patio for a few pints before popping into another bar to wish a friend a happy birthday and then nearly passing out in a cab en route home at 10:00PM. Today I'm feeling better but opting for a quiet evening of rest since I'm heading with Gemma to the FC game tomorrow, and it's an early start at 1:00PM!
xo
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment