Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Just put a nicer pair of shoes on this picture


I’m no longer recycling, and for now will only be taking out the trash.

I met up with Czech Please briefly after work last week, which was fine. After a crazy mad dash of an exit since I wasn’t feeling so well, I didn’t expect to hear from him again. And I was okay with that. But I did, and we made plans to hang out last night. I was very careful to mention how busy my weekend was, and that I had plans all day Sunday and so we would be looking at an after dinner meeting and suggested we could just rent a movie (read: no activities beyond a movie as background noise, and certainly no meal). His English seems pretty good aside from some crap spelling in his texts, but something keeps getting lost in translation, as he called me and texted me a couple of times yesterday in the morning asking ‘what our plans are for the day?’ I was out so didn’t get this nonsense until later on in the afternoon, which did not make me happy. So I replied that I was busy and that our plans were actually for that evening, and since he had already annoyed me far too much at this point, I bailed.
He wasn’t impressed.
I didn’t care.
Sorry, correct that: DON’T care. And didn’t text him back. Instead, I cracked a family sized chocolate bar and settled in on the couch to watch a movie, loving life and wishing I had some ice cream to serve as a chaser.

I would be quite surprised if I ever heard from him again, and frankly I hope that I don’t. Now we’ll just keep our fingers crossed that I don’t run into him around this fine city, and if I do, that I am not too drunk to recognize him. Disgruntled past Dalliances can be such a cock-block.
Wondering who doesn't just love the magical union of peppermint and chocolate,
Pam
UPDATE: I finished this maybe about 20 minutes ago. And my phone just rang. It is during the middle of the day on a workday. It was CP. I ignored it and he left a message. I can't even bring myself to listen to it. Seriously? I feel gross.

1 comment:

  1. He has called once more and texted twice since I wrote this yesterday. Way to drive that nail deeper into the coffin weirdo.
    P

    ReplyDelete