Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Czech Please.


Hello lovelies,

C’est Pamela. I thought I would drop in and say hi while I was lucid. It’s Friday, and although you can hear the metaphorical roar of engines starting up all over the city ready to party, this engines been running with the pedal to the metal for days now. Hell, the transmission almost bottomed out once or twice this week, but we’re back on track.

Spent some quality time with some SOS sisters this week – Monica, Gwen, Victoria and Gemma. Was out last night with all of the above, kicking it at a favourite local venue, enjoying the hospitality of the other patrons in the form of a few bevies compliments of their dime and lack of ability to see when they are being taken advantage of. It was a fun evening full of dancing, a bachelor party, interactive lead singers and of course, the finest company our fair city has to offer. Kettle corn ready and waiting, humidifier pre-filled, we bid the old dude at the bar adieu and headed for home. But not before Gwen snagged a sweet two points on her way out for giving an admirer her number. Call display is a blessing.

Wednesday night was a little bit more… productive we shall say. And also the cause of a rather sleepy and red-eyed Pam Thursday at work. I met Monica at Jack Astor’s on Front Street after a long day at work, where the singles quickly became doubles, and we ended up at Croc Rock. Can’t give you too much detail here really, as I don’t remember much at that venue itself. However, I did learn that the dude I went home with was actually at Jack Astor’s and I invited him to join us at Croc Rock. And when I say learned, I mean when I asked the next morning while driving me home at 7 bells “if he went to Croc Rock often?” which was answered with “well not really. I only went because you invited me back at Jack’s.” Sure, if you say so. I thought we just met there. Either way, in the end I’m glad that I rewarded his efforts.

To summarize:

- Went back to his place. Got extra-curricular and pulled a Wayne Gretzky (she shoots she scores). Was ready to call a cab when the sun started doing its thing, but he insisted on driving me home. Alright thanks kindly, but I’m not going to put my nylons back on.

- Couldn’t place his accent as it sounded French, but he looked Eastern European. I swore he answered yes when I asked him if he was Czech, and during the morning drop off when I was assessing the points (“So, do you speak any other languages beside Czech?”) learned that he was infact from Greece. (Well either way, thinking he was Czech fuelled some pretty awesome fantasies that evening about my IT guy at work.)

- Awkward moment thankfully dulled by remaining booze in my system when he said “Do you even remember my name?”
“Uh, hellooooo do you know mine???”
“Yes. Pamela.”
“Oh. Well. How many times do I need to remind you that I was drinking last night??? Come on, we’ve covered this. We’re starting from scratch.”

He dropped me off, said he’d like to keep in touch and took my number. He tried to give me his business card to which I handed back because I said that he has my number, he can make the effort. This may or may not have comprised my recycling potential with him. We shall see. Either way I will sleep okay at night as he’s not the only Czech in the city I’m sure that cuts a mean silhouette in boxer briefs.

And now, let the weekend begin.

Stay fabulous,
Pam
30 minutes later - Update: Czech please just called. So the only thing comprised that morning was my pride. Ha ha who the hell am I kidding?!

No comments:

Post a Comment