Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The morning after


Where to start? Two nights out, two hundred stories......why not tell a few while enjoying my morning coffee?


First off let me make introductions; I'm Monica. I love my SOS sisters, and I love this game......however...... I met a fella during spring training who we call Mr. Beer. He's very sweet and now nearly all the SOS girls have met him (aside from Alex) and given the thumbs up, but where does this leave me in the game? Well, I am very environmentally conscience and plan to continue doing lots of recycling. Additionally I'm confident I can get a lot of points for assists; it's a win/win, help out a fellow SOS sister, and score some points. I think given my circumstance right now I am not a front runner (although it's a long way till September playoffs). I am competitive, so that was hard to admit; I won't come in last, I simply will not let that happen. My money is on Brooke for now, however after the past 2 nights it is safe to say Pamela is a pretty strong competitor despite how many times she has said "I'm probably not going to do very well at the game, I'm just not competitive"......this from the girl who scored 2 home runs in 2 days.



Thursday evening, home opener for the Toronto FC and 5 of the SOS sisters were there to support the home team. Pamela, Victoria, Gemma and I were together, and Brooke was on the other side of the field with some work pals. I'm going to leave those stories up to Pamela or Victoria to post......I will say I am very impressed that Pamela, Victoria and Brooke all scored points that night. (and an assist for me!)



Moving right along to Friday evening when the SOS sisters hit the town again. It was a home game at Grace O'Malleys to watch some playoff hockey followed by some dancing.

Roll call for the evening; Gemma, Chelsea, Victoria, Pamela, Brooke, Gwen and I (Monica).

Great venue for this game, I think it was almost too easy for some of the girls (Brooke). We watched the Sens game, had some drinks/snacks. Mr. Beer joined us after first period, what a brave guy to come hang out with that many 'ladies'.....and SOS sisters at that!



Brooke was in game mode before she arrived and throughout the hockey game she was putting out a few early feelers, and managed to meet a 23 year old with undesirable hair.....I think she's getting digit points there, too bad she left a lot of points on the table with that guy. I did just receive a text from her asking what kind of points she can get for recycling in a truck and riding the A train.....I guess she's in for another fun night, and this is why I have my money on her for now.



Moving right along to Chelsea, she's a quick learner. She really upped her game from last week, she didn't mention her dad or any ex boyfriends all nights to her prospects! She did score some digit points, and I expect she will have a rematch. Brilliant work Chelsea. Assist to Brooke on this one.



I'm going to finish this entry with a few words about the lovely Pamela.......she's the kind of girl a dude wants to bring home to his mother. She's beautiful, smart, friendly, polite and loves to bake...........and then there is Pamela after a few cocktails; look out boys of Toronto, or as this week has gone, look out boys visiting Toronto, because this girl is in the game. 2 home runs in a week, it's inspirational really.



Time to get ready for grown up activities, if it's not a bridal shower it's a baby shower....it's getting a tad annoying (and surprising) being the only girl who gets drunk at these events...but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do; I rock these things SOS style.



xoxo

Monica



No comments:

Post a Comment