Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Jays. Nachos. Man Child.


Waking up and spying a large canister of Pizza Pizza’s Sweet Chilli & Garlic pizza shake on your dresser is totally normal, right? Let me clarify before this gets a little weird – the only activity it was involved in last night was being shaken in mass quantities on my pizza in the wee hours of the morning. Clearly I couldn’t live without it as it "somehow" ended up in my bag, and is now residing in my cupboard. It actually explains the massive bloating action that I am currently enjoying.

Will provide this week’s update now as it will be the only one for a few days at least I think. I’m sleep deprived, I’m dehydrated, and I need to address these dark circles underneath what have become some seriously craggy eyes. I have different plans this evening than my SOS sisters, and I think I may have to pull the chute to stay in and be a slob. I’ve got family coming for an overnight visit in the morning for a full day outing at the zoo and Wonderland the next day, so I best be refreshed and ready to walk my little heart out. Auntie has been known to enjoy her evenings so much that they turn into mornings, so the last thing I need is to be sweating out booze tomorrow. It worries the fam and makes my mother hesitate when I ask her to bring me back duty-free.

Alright sports fans let’s take it back to Tuesday night. Jays game. Cheap seats. Alcohol and jumbo-tron. Wasn’t out with any SOS sisters but did meet up with Monica and Cassie for a couple drinks afterwards. Which lead to Monica, a friend of mine we’ll call PJ, and myself heading to Loose Moose for a few more, which after us eating all his nachos lead to PJ and I leaving the bar with a guy that we just met to run to the Keg before they closed (Side Note: This guy was married, and we were just having drinks, no intentions on anyone’s party beyond that), which led to lots of running (literally) around trying to find a venue that was still serving. Gabby’s? Bingo! And upon sitting down and placing our order I noticed that our gang had grown by three guys. They saw us running and joined the party. I liked their style. This round’s on you, right?

A few quick rounds before last call later and we were taking it to the streets, heading to one of the newbie’s place so that this random collection of strangers could keep the party going. When not doing the ol’ one-eyed squint n’ text, my good eye was telling me that I was liking what I was seeing with one of the new group members. And it was his place that we were going to. It goes without saying that the Jays may not have scored a home run that night, but I did. The fresh morning sun coming in the window let me know that I best be going home to try and catch a quick 20 minute nap before hitting the showers and getting myself to work. One should expect nothing less than an all-nighter from a 22 year old really. They have no reason not to - life hasn’t completely beaten them down yet at that point. It was good that he lived in my neighbourhood so I could enjoy the walk home and stretch out my legs. What’s not good was doing an obvious walk of shame in a baseball jersey from the night before as the good people of Toronto are leaving for work. Head held high I kept walking, avoiding eye contact as best I could and praying that since I also used to work in the area that it wasn't anyone I knew, fuelled on the fact that the enthusiasm I had for Man Child’s youth was matched by his enthusiasm for me being ‘an older woman’. (I’m not that old, but certainly not 22 – on my birth certificate anyway). He knew my real age, I felt like a total cougar and I loved it.

I told Man Child I was out of town until Friday (was really Thursday, but didn’t want the distraction) and he texted me a couple of hours ago to see what was on the agenda this weekend. Not so sure that I’ll see him this weekend, but I’m sure I can manage to squeeze in some speed drinking some time soon before meeting up with him for some recycling. Hmmm, I wonder if he referred to me as Maggie May...


And with that, I’ll now excuse myself so that I can go and get me some water. As Rod reminds us, “The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age…”
Socially Yours,
Pam

1 comment: