Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Nostalgic Monica

The competition is officially over, and Cassie will post the results later this week.  Who knew the end would feel so sad?  I think back to our first official night out at the Drake hotel, watching Alex smoke ciggies out of the fire pit, and a couple weeks later Gwen getting her paws on a trophy on College Street.  Pamela and her back to back Home Runs,  Karaoke, Karaoke, Karaoke.  Cassie and the Mathematician, Victoria and her scary texter.  Chelsea and her multiple stage 5 clingers.....me making out with Brooke, not once but twice.  Gemma, Gemma, Gemma- 2 home runs in the final 2 weeks of play!  Finally, I can't look back over this summer and not think about the fun and adventure that occupied a lot of my game this season: Beer......Good times, good memories!

The question remains what is next?  Will there be a season 2?  We have a wrap party scheduled for later this month, when the SOS'ers will gather at my place for cocktails, dinner, awards ceremony, goody bags, and dancing in the living room (obviously).

In the meantime I encourage the Beckers to continue sharing their stories of friends, boys and adventures in the city as we continue our training for whatever is determined to be our next step!

Right now, I am sitting here on my couch, listening to the jets fly by overhead (airshow to close of the Toronto Ex today) trying to remember what happened this week, and the points I scored......here's an attempt at a recap:

The early part of the week was very low key as I was dealing with a sad family situation.....but I made up for it later in the week.  Something about strong emotions (even if sad) makes me need some....uhhh...company.  SO rather than add another name to my 'list' I decided to review the list and do some recycling......it was exactly what I needed, and what I've become a pro at this summer......so a few mores times to end the season seemed perfect!

Other than that I did join the lovely Victoria, Pamela and Gemma for a Friday night adventure at Alleycatz (yes, second long weekend in a row,  I don't even have a good explanation so I won't try).  Watching my fellow SOS'ers in action inspired me to grab a few easy points in the alleyway before leaving.....so I met a fellow, named "D", got on base, and quized him on his stats.....he answered all my questions with fear in his eyes, and kept saying things like he felt like he was under a spotlight, and that I was intimidating him.....weird observations boys keep making about me, I don't really understand it, but I also don't really mind it- if you can't handle it than move along boys.   (***Gemma and/or Pamela need to blog their side of this night soon***).

To conclude today's entry I'm going with an observation, something I mentioned months ago when I was in the early days with Beer and considering pro's and cons.....good guys always finish last....High School is a good guy, one of the best, yet I just don't think I can go down the relationship path with him right now.  Maybe because I  have feelings for someone else (I always have feelings for the wrong guy), or it might be as simple as he is just not the right one for me, whatever it is I don't think my future is with him.......but I will keep you posted!

xo
Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment