Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Going from Generation X to Y in a week?


Took me a while this weekend to regain my dignity and pride. Left it somewhere on the floor beside my bed on Saturday morning. After what was supposed to be a quiet Friday night in, to rest up for some drinking on Saturday night with another friend, a few red wines later and am convinced by Pam and Victoria to join them at Alleycatz, but not before a pick-up at Monica's. (Which BTW ruined me for Saturday night plans, and a potential set-up. I feel my other friend may not be as okay with my bailing and sympathetic as to why, as a fellow SOS'er would be...oops.)

While there, the topic of my last weekend shenanigans came up. And let's be honest, this is one SOS'er who is NOT good at going in for rematching. SO much so, I had to let Pam-O convince me it was a "good" idea. Note to self: Never let a fellow SOS-er tell you something's a good idea when you're BOTH drinking! Anyhoo, after texting Plaidy at 12:30 in the morning, I don't hear back from him. Not surprising to moi - given that it's the long weekend, and let's face it - who's answering a text from the broad ya slept with weekend before as her perv friends listened in from the room next door?!

Fast forward to next morning; Monica and I are enjoying a lovely brunch when Pladiy texts me back. Turns out, dude's in Niagara-On-The-Lake and was in bed. (insert humiliated, nervous laughing) Only to find out, he's visiting his fam. So, I had a visual, of me, like a flat out slaaaaaag, texting him for some a$$ - all the while, he's probably just been tucked into bed by his mum after she made him a nice warm cuppa milk/coco - whatever! What's wrong with this picture??!! Again, dignity?...Striiiiiiiiiiiped! Laddy and I text back and forth all day, all to which I realize - this is just getting annoying. Going nowhere fast, and he's probably just texting me to kill time from spending with the fam. I finally cut it off and leave it at that. If I hear from him again for another sesh, great; if I don't...may have to go trolling for more 23 year olds.

Oh, yes, the 23 year old. Apparently I downgraded this weekend - in more ways than age. After a blue-shirted, gold chain/cross-wearing, "he-looka-like-a 12 year old" from the Jersey Shore ( but we'll call him Euro Disney thanks to his youth and the fact that English is his second language and from some Eastern European country) tried to come talk to me, I tell Victoria that I'm not babysitting tonight. Young'in gets the hint, and high tails it outta there. ONly to learn later on that night, as we're in the alleyway getting ready to leave, that he's with Pam's pick-up. Clearly, Euro Disney does not forget and yells "Oh, this is your friend who doesnt want to babysit me?" And so, he decides to start giving lip right back to me. Secretely liking this, and the fact that he's only visiting, in town for two more weeks and no phone! SCORE - I decide this is where I let the nightmare begin: Me, Pam, two dudes, and one tag-along friend who was trying to pick up Victoria, but she wanted no part of, come back to our abode. Pam-O-Hostess-With the MOstest, makes up the loser friend a bed on the couch and high tails it to her room with her friend. After getting ready for bed, I come back to my room, to find Euro Disney nicely tucked into my bed?! I tell him sarcastically, "Oh, just make yourself at home."

We all know where this story road ends, but there are excerpts from my texts to the ladies, of me being a bitch and an @$$ and telling Euro Disney 4 times that I wouldn't sleep with him before he said "ok". But, after learning first hand that his tongue was kinda darty, he was annoyingly rough and ugh, so nothing to compare to last weekend, I had to finally end this "On Elm Street" fiasco after he tells me I should try it in the "You Know What" "It feels great". (Um,,, are ya speaking from experience dude? How would you know what it feels like?) So, me, needing to get this ordeal over with and FAST, I end up caving, ride Euro Rail and send him on his way). At which point, Pam's little friend was packing up his to go too. (Great timing :)

So ladies, in the span of a week, I dropped a full decade in age, and first time in my life trading in for a younger model, and all I'll say...I now know why I never did it before! (Sorry 1987s, Euro Disney gave you a bad rap!)

Word to your mother..
Gemma xo

1 comment:

  1. I say go for it and celebrate diversity! This was cause for me to pause and reflect. I spanned a couple of decades in less than a week with our old friend Karl (with a K) and Man Child. It's like Baskin Robinns, try the flavours. See what you like.
    heh heh.
    - Pam

    ReplyDelete