Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

CK does Toronto

Well it actually happened.  Calgary Kid flew to Toronto this weekend for a visit!  He booked his flight a couple weeks ago and I have been trying to keep cool about it, but failed miserably.  I told pretty much everybody I talked to that he was coming because (I will only admit this to you, our seven readers) I was really excited to see him again :)

I was a bundle of nerves on Friday leading up to the big meet.  I was in the States for work and actually arrived home a few hours after he landed in TO (so no hot rides back from the airport per his email, boo).  Once I got home, I downed a glass of wine (liquid courage!), texted him I was home and met him in the lobby of my building and we headed out for dinner (WestJet lost his bag, no need to drop anything off).

There was the awkward 'getting to know you again' chit chat, but we eventually eased in to great conversation and lots of flirting.  Dinner was great, and afterwards we stopped off at my place (cue first make out of the visit, but alas not in the elevator) before heading to a friend's birthday party for a quick hello.

After putting in an appearance (and to be honest, testing him out in a social setting... he passed), we went back to mine for some one on one time.  I won't go in to details here... but I will tell you this: it was hot.  I knew the rest of the weekend would be juuuuuuuust fine :)

Saturday, once we got going and his bag was delivered, I did my best Toronto Tour Guide impression, and took him out on the town.  We went to Kensington, on the Hop-on/Hop-off bus tour (which was hilarious, our guide was ridiculous), the distillery district, Yorkville, the street car, and then home.  We had planned to go out for dinner... but never made it ;-) so ordered delivery instead.  Yumm!

Sunday was Niagara Falls day.  CK did his best to try to get me to drive off the road by performing some of his 'ride home from the airport' moves, but I am proud to say there were no accidents, and it certainly made the trip go by fast!  We did the Maid of the Mist, drove along the Niagara River to Niagara-on-the-lake, then to two wineries for lunch (Moncia and Chels - we went to Ravine and Southbrook) and then back to TO.  Once back in the city, we drove down to the Beaches to watch the sunset (I can't believe I did that, but it was beautiful) and then back home for our last hurrah... or at least until the morning.

I dropped CK off this morning at the airport.  Throughout the weekend there was talk on both sides of seeing eachother again, but sort of in a passing comment kind of way as opposed to committing to make it happen kind of way.  I chickened out of having the actual conversation with him, and he never brought it up either, so when we got to the airport there was a quick 'thanks for having me/I could show you around if you are ever out west/gotta go' kind of conversation (he was late for his flight).  He's still in the air now, so I'm hoping we will chat again when he gets to Calgary.  Regardless of what comes of the conversation though, I had a great time this weekend, even though I am sitting on an ice pack as I type :)


Cassie x

No comments:

Post a Comment