Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Anyone for 'going Dutch'?

This will be my last post, for now, and I'll keep it short.   

                                                                                               

Met a guy a couple of weeks ago, knew him from many years back but haven't seem him in at least 11 years.  Back in the day he was a total hottie... still not bad looking.

We've been chatting randomly since then and last week he asked if I would be interested in going to the City & Colour concert that coming Saturday.  Not a huge fan of the music but I thought about SOS and the rematch points and a possible HR so I agreed.  Now, I should have taken the hint when it was obvious that I would be paying for my own ticket!  This really didn't bother me, what's $35, really...  It was when he was asking for the money before the day of the concert that really confirmed this guy is unemployed!

He continually apologized for this and assured me that the night was on him.  All I'm thinking is, okay, you do realize we are going to The Molson Amphetheatre... right?!?!?  Once we're in and get to the first beer bin all he can do is go on and on about how expensive the beers are.  We find seats, we had lawns but him and his friends decided to 'steal' a row of seats, great!!  <--- sarcasm...  At this point I go to the ATM and buy myself a beer!

The rest of the evening was extremely uneventful and I am so turned off that I don't even want the HR!

I will say this... Dallas Green is a very, very talented musician and I am glad I saw him perform.

Oh, right... The Brit!!  Okay, last story, promise.  

Last Thursday I went to his place after not seeing him for two weeks, outside of the office, and we had 'the talk'.  I brought up the conversation and I'm so glad I did; he said he would have that night if I didn't because the whole situ has been weighing on him as much as it has me.  We didn't come to any conclusion about what we're doing but as I thought, he has a really hard time with us working in the same office.  I'm not going to get into all the details but I will say this, I'm not giving up on this one, he really is the best guy I've met in years... for me.   :)

Talk to you soon.

~Brooke
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment