Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vodka Infused Thoughts



I woke up this morning craving advil, and after recalling the many bottles of wine, followed by several cocktails with Victoria, Cassie and Pamela, my mind went into deep thought mode...

1. Why do we say "vodka soda", but don't skip the 'and' in other cocktails? Gin AND tonic. Rum AND coke. Rye AND diet.....hmmm....this one occupied at least 25 minutes of my commute this morning, and it was really a 'stump the chump' question; I have no conclusion.

2. Where did the bruise on my arm come from? Hmmmmm, and why is there a freezie wrapper on my floor.....hmmm, let's put the pieces together. Right, so left the bar with Cassie and had some pizza (yummy). Went to Cassie's place and helped her make her bed as considered crashing at hers. Determined it would be best to go home rather than worry about it in the morning (she accused me of leading her on, I guess that is fair). Stumbled out of her condo and got into a cab. Arrived home, fumbled around for at least 5 minutes tying to find my keys and then make them open the door (so tricky!). Shedded my clothes from the moment I got in the door down the hall toward my bedroom (was a lovely trail to pick up this morning). Hopped into bed. Had a sudden intense craving for a freezie. Rolled out of bed to get freezie. Crashed into the door frame coming back into my bedroom, AH HA- BRUISE! followed by a round of cursing then hopping back into bed to enjoy my freezie, toss wrapper on floor and pass out. So classy.

3. This is the last one, because 3 thoughts on a morning like this is a lot! So, was last night more like a Thursday or a Tuesday? Ok, so it's a short week after the holiday on Monday, which made me shout various times last night "Wednesday is the new Thursday". But how could Wednesday be like Thursday after Tuesday realllllllly felt like Monday (and I had a case of the Mundays)? Hmmm, which day really does feel skipped? I don't even enjoy going out on Thursday's anymore because the city fills up with douche bags, so why would I have been excited last night about Wednesday being the new Thursday? I mean really, if I've learned anything this summer it's that Tuesday's are fun days.....several Tuesday evenings with Pamela, as well as a good one a couple weeks ago with Cassie and Victoria- all karaoke related fun on Tuesdays.....oh Tequila Sunrise, we will be back. So, similiar to thought #2 I did come to a conclusion on this one, Wednesday was my Tuesday, and my Fun-day this week, and today feels like Thursday....so it is really Wednesday (never liked hump day anyway) that gets skipped in a short week!!

A self-observation from last night.....I figured I would be right back in the game, after my conversation with Beer earlier this week, but I wasn't. I just wasn't feeling it, had no interest in talking to any of the boys. Highlight was when we chatted up the table of 2 girls beside us at the first patio we were at, they were very nice despite likely feeling that Pamela was hitting on them. I wonder when I will get my mojo back? I hope it's not this weekend when we visit a small town festival- I have a good idea what the local talent will be like and think it best to keep my distance from them!

OK, well off to be productive......and by that I mean try to get stories from Victoria and Pam about the trouble I'm sure they got into after Cassie and I bailed :)

xo

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment