Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Long distance SOSing?

So since Calgary, I have been emailing with Calgary Kid on a regular basis, and there is even some discussion of him hopping on a flight at some point in September. It looks like the weekend fling may have a sequel.

Which has me wondering... is it possible to start a relationship off from a distance? Or is a relationship even where this is headed?

I have a good friend who met a guy two years ago while he was living in a different country, let alone city. Somehow the connection was strong enough that they spent a year long distance dating before he moved to live in the same city as her. They are now 2 years happy, talking about a long term future together. But this particular friend is much better at emailing, phoning, and generally better at communicating than I am. And he was in to it.

Calgary Kid is several months out of a relationship with a girl he thought was 'the one' and sorting his shit out. While we email at least once a day, long and interesting emails, he has said that he's not ready to date (but maybe in the fall??). I hate mixed messages!

So I throw this out to you, our faithful readers... is it possible to keep the spark alive over time and from a distance? And before I start to over analyze every word he writes, do I just go with the flow and see what happens, or do I ask him point blank what the heck he is doing with me if he's not willing to date??

All this internal debate has me quite pumped to see this movie when it comes out - Going the Distance: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4236052249/

That is all from me on this holiday Monday, cheerio!
Cassie x

No comments:

Post a Comment