Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

High School Anyone?


A week away due to work travel lead to some fun and some reflection......Let's start with the fun; I ran into an ex boyfriend who I spent way too much time with when we did date (read: he's an idiot, this was not the fun), so perhaps this encounter inspired me to find some fun, if it wasn't that it must have been the vodka, definately one or the other! Anyhow, was charmed by a French fellow and spent a fun evening enjoying his accent.

Reflection......where to start.....let's go back 15 years, to high school. There was a certain somebody who I always had chemistry with, but our timing never really worked. Once or twice in the past 10 years we've gotten enough liquid courage to try to take it to the next level but the pressure just seems so huge after all the time, feelings, etc and it hasn't yet happened. After some drunk texting that started with him asking how my boyfriend was.....and me telling him Beer and I were no longer. (sidebar- I still talk to Beer on a regular basis and this makes me happy because I really do like him!) Anyhow, back to the dude from 15 years ago...he's been very attentive and even came to hang out with me and some of the SOS sisters last weekend. He is really an amazing guy, nicer than could be imagined, and always treats me with much respect. So again, I find myself in a position of thinking it's time to explore what it could be with him. (against the SOS theme? I can see how some would think so, but I don't know, I think the SOS sisters are extremely supportive of this one!!). So, once this pesky work travel is out of the way I plan on booking a date with this one, let's just call him HS (high school) and I will be sure to let you know how it goes ;)

On a very sweet note, I'm sitting alone at a bar composing this post (the cute waiter who is also from Toronto has been such a sweetheart, but keeps interupting my creative flow) anyhow....back to my point... there is an older couple at the table beside me, probably 70'ish who just pulled out their travel cribbage board and a deck of cards after ordering champagne and have started a game of cribbage. Ok, I love cribbage, and champagne so it caught my attention.....they are laughing and enjoying each others company in a way we should all hope to have at that age; so rarely do we have the opportunity to see this sort of relationship- it's inspirational. It's also time for another glass of wine.

Stay hopeful and inspired!

xo
Monica

1 comment:

  1. No regrets!! I am very excited for the HS possibilities :)

    Cassie x

    ReplyDelete