Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is this love, is this love, is this love, is this love that I'm feeling?

Well, nothing like waking up hungover on a Tuesday morning.  No real story there, Chelsea and I met up with an old friend who is visiting from out of town for some wine, some more wine, and then ended the evening with a bit of wine.  Highlight: Chelsea and I reaffirmed our status of life partners and determined we may get hitched next year in Vegas (hence the subject line), which is now on the agenda for our friends birthday!

So, the weekend.....well, Brooke and I went to the FC game which started at 1pm, so logically that’s when the drinking started. We drank for a solid 12 hours like it was a job.  Everyone else ate dinner at some point, I of course didn’t want to (typical of me when drunk- bad decision but always making it)- so imagine the state I was in by 1AM when we got home!

High School (HS) came to meet us at a bar in Liberty village after the game, then we ended up on the Esplanade, and eventually at Bier Market…..apparently my fav bar for making out in public, ugh, need to STOP doing that…..or at least cut back to one 'make out' partner per evening.  Further to the indication in the points posting, I also made out with Brooke (figure HS make out was obvious), she told me we had to for a guy who was there for his bachelor party and one of the challenges he had was to get 2 girls to kiss…..she’s such a lezzie.


Anyhow, yes, HS. So cute. But ya, bit scared of how serious he might get too quickly. I know it’s hard to avoid when you’ve known someone for so long, but I think for once I need to ease into this (and ya, I know going for a HR doesn’t sound like taking it slow, but this is me, I always go for the HR). So he said lots of cute things, like how he’s been waiting since High School for me, that it’s always been me for him, blah, blah…..also that I’m intimidating (don’t really get that one), and he told me he loves me, and has since he met me…..you know, when I was 16 probably…..oh my, the effects of alcohol!

So I dunno, he doesn't live in the city, he's GU (geographically undesirable).  I won’t see him this weekend (Ya- SOS in Montreal), guess just play it by ear…at this point I’d guess he’s further into this than I am, but it doesn’t mean I am not into it…..oh boy, everyone (Brooke, Chelsea, Cassie, etc) has told me a million times not to hurt his feelings, and not to do anything unless I was ready for something serious, but is that realistic? I mean he’s a big boy, and it’s gotta start somewhere, I can’t spend all my time worrying about hurting him, have to just give it a go and then decide if it is right?!  At least that's what I think, and is my current strategy.

Time to rid myself of this hangover, here are the ingredients should you ever find yourself in this situation:
electrolyte tablet in water (yes, pretend you are a hard core athlete, go to MEC and pick some up.  Drinking is a sport and I'm a gold medalist)
tea and toast (bit of substance- no sugar or butter people)
banana (must replenish potassium)
B complex vitamin (must replenish- and this is a very important - don't skip or substitute)
Advil if required

NO joke, do it all and experience the magic.....Hugs,
Monica






1 comment: