Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Birthdays, Revolving DanceFloors and Vampires

As you know, many SOS'ers painted the town red in Montreal this weekend.....red light district style...ask Gemma.....all I've got is revolving dance floors and vampires.

I'm only going to share a small part of the weekend, and let the others tell their stories (get blogging ladies!).

Sadly we missed Happy Hour at Hotel de la Montagne lobby bar due to a 401 traffic jam.  This forced us to do a good amount of pre-drinking in our hotel room before heading out to "Thursdays".  We busted into that bar with a mission.....vodka....followed closely by a dance session on the revolving dancefloor.  It is more fun that you can imagine.....and sporting sunglasses takes it from a 10/10 to an 11/10. 

After a spin on that dancefloor we returned to our comfort zone....the bar.  We ran into a douche bag group of stag partiers in lameo t-shirts handing over a marker asking us to help decorate their shirts.  Chelsea whipped out her lipstick and gave them all kisses, while some of the others used the marker to share the SOS blog site with the fellows- I mean who wouldn't appreciate some free entertainment right?  Well these douchbags wanted none of it, claiming they "didn't appreciate being used for marketing".....OMG, LOSERS.  So I gave a couple of them an ear full about showing up at a bar at midnight, asking girls to write on your shirt and then critizing what anyone writes?  All I can say is I feel sorry for the girl marrying one of those douche bags!


Following the lovely stag party encounter a rather sweaty but seemingly friendly dude asked me to dance, grabbed my hand and spun me around.  Figured no harm in a quick dance, until his moves included grinding down my body and putting his face in my crotch and then coming back up and looking for a kiss.  I laughed and said "I don't think so buddy", and then he BITE MY NECK.....is that supposed to be a turn-on?  I ran away clutching my sore neck,  and the lovely Alex handed me her drink after seeing the vampire action she knew I needed vodka pronto......SOS'ers are the best!!!


I truly enjoyed an 8 hour commute home that included some great stops....like an hour in a Dollarama stocking up on pregnancy tests (seriously- they sell them!!), then a coffee/washroom and preggo test stop (so far no SOS'ers are knocked up- play it safe kids).

And now this girl is relaxing enjoying the latest MadMen......thinking whoever cut out drinking in the office is officially my nemesis.

Time for this SOS'ers to enjoy the show and then catch up on some much needed beauty sleep.....It's officially playoff week, I gotta get some game this week to end on a high note.....wish me luck!

xo
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment